USA is no angel and no better than Russia by any means. Right now they are selling arms to Assad's opposition ( or are about to) and they are judging Russia for it's arms sale o.O . Don't judge others what you have done yourself.
For example, USA's track record with tyrants is extensive so don't judge Russia as if you're blame free.
Let's look at the government USA suported in the past and what type of USA friendly government Syria can look forward to :
- U.S. DOCUMENTS SHOW EMBRACE OF SADDAM HUSSEIN IN EARLY 1980s DESPITE CHEMICAL WEAPONS, EXTERNAL AGGRESSION, HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES
- 1970s USA supported brutal Shah of Iran Pahlevi & its brutal police force SAVAK -
- Formed under the guidance of United States and Israeli
intelligence officers in 1957, SAVAK developed into an effective
secret agency. Over the years, SAVAK became a law unto itself, having legal
authority to arrest and detain suspected persons indefinitely.
SAVAK operated its own prisons in Tehran (the Komiteh and Evin
facilities) and, many suspected, throughout the country as well.
torture methods included electric shock, whipping, beating, inserting
brokon glass and pouring boiling water into the rectum, tying weights to
the testicles, and the extraction of teeth and nails. Many of these
activities were carried out without any institutional
At the peak its influence under the Shah SAVAK had at least 13 full-time case officers running a network of informers and infiltration covering 30,000 Iranian students on United States college campuses. The head of the SAVAK agents in the United States operated under the cover of an attache at the Iranian Mission to the United Nations, with the FBI, CIA, and State Department fully aware of these activities. In 1978 the deepening opposition to the Shah errupted in widespread demonstrations and rioting. SAVAK and the military responded with widespread repression that killed thousands of people - article on SAVAK
- USA installation of Shah, Mohammed Reza Pahlevi into power
- 1980s allaince with Bin Laden -
- "While studying civil engineering and economics at King Abdulaziz University, Bin Laden became a disciple of the Muslim Brotherhood and Abdullah Azzam, founder of the Hamas militant group.From 1986 to 1988, he raised money for the mujahedeen and fought alongside guerrillas battling to expel the Soviets from Afghanistan with America's help." -Osama Bin Laden's transformation: Rich Saudi scion to U.S. ally to Public Enemy No. 1
- Bin Laden—from friend to foe of US imperialism
- A nice summary of 8 other embarrassing allies of USA - America's Other Most Embarrassing Allies
Why Russia Won't Yield on Syria - Great interview! A must! Describes the situation without biases.